Saturday, August 4, 2012

Home Again



Bob
 It is good to back in Upolu again.  We had a lot of work to do to catch up from our little holiday in Pago. I had 53 baptism records that needed to be entered into the convert data entry. We also had ZLC to prepare for.  There are things that we find we need to stress quite often and we try to think of creative ways to present them.  I noticed that many of the baptisms that came in were young children between the ages of 9 to 15.  So, I decided to do a graph of the ages of new converts for last month and insert it into my Power Point presentation.  It turned out that 52 of 92 converts were young children.  They say that a picture is worth a thousand words and this certainly got the point across.  I talked to them of the importance of teaching families and to include the parents when they teach the children.  Elder Partridge talked to them about cell phone usage and the importance of keeping the mission rules and being obedient.  President Leota was very happy with our comments and thanked us.


We have a new missionary couple that has connections to Payson.  Elder and Sister Spencer are from Ogden and will be teaching at the Pesega College.  His grandfather used to live next to Peteetneet where I went to elementary school.  I remember visiting his grandparents with my parents.  (I think they home taught them)  His grandparents were Albert and Lois Bowen.  It's a small world. We went out to dinner on Friday night with four missionary couples from our mission.  It is good to have nice people to associate with.

Bob and I enjoyed driving around the island on Saturday.  The tide was out, but as always it was a peaceful and beautiful drive.  We love our island home.

No comments:

Post a Comment